Friday, July 20, 2007

Things in my Backyard, UK

Out of the English drizzling rain of the last few weeks came a day of glorious sunshine
so out came the camera
(then the lawnmower)
mushroom, England, sunshine
I love mushrooms, their shape is so pleasing to the eye
I saved it when I mowed by leaving a little patch of uncut grass around, like a little mushroom shrine
then my cat Oberon hunted it down and killed it

flower, daisies, England, sunshine

I love daisies and feel like such a murderer when I have to mow the lawn :(

flower, purple, England, sunshine

I don't know what this flower is but I love the way the light works in this picture and it's purple - who doesn't love purple!

1 comment:

Maxine Perella said...

i hear shropshire is a nice part of the english soil. i wish i had a garden. if i did, i would make it an eco-haven for all the little bees, birds and frogs ... caterpillars too. maybe hippos as well.